Hello Flagstaff community trail partners,
On behalf of our group of local trail providers, trail users and conservation advocates, we would like to invite you to an upcoming workshop to learn about and participate in the newly launched Flagstaff Trails Initiative. This project is being supported by the National Park Service Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance program.
You have been identified as interested citizens, representatives of government or non-governmental organizations, academics, scientists, recreation groups, elected officials, health care providers and business leaders that are affected or interested in trails and recreation in and around Flagstaff.
This workshop will serve as the initial meeting of what will ultimately form into the Flagstaff Trails Initiative Working Group. As the process moves forward there will be multiple opportunities for you and members of the public to engage; therefore we ask that each organization/group select one or two representatives to attend this workshop.
Just a few of the topics we will need your input on:
- How to translate higher level, regional planning efforts and visions into on the ground projects through a coordinated, collaborative approach
- How to educate, inform and involve the community in trail stewardship
- How to address the current and future demand for non-motorized and motorized trail activities through improvement to trail sustainability, trail information and development of additional trail opportunities
- How to balance trail development and management with community conservation and natural resource goals with an emphasis on restoration
- How to integrate trail planning and management with tourism and economic goals
We are so excited to launch this effort and we hope you can join us.