If you are responsible for fundraising or writing grants in your organization, then this may be the class that you need. Kevin Adams, president of the Sedona Red Rock Trail Fund is presenting “Grants 101” on February 25, 2023, 10:00AM -11:30AM, at the The Nest CoWork Space, 2205 E 7th Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004. Sponsored by Flagstaff Trails Initiative (FTI).
Grants 101 provides attendees with the basics required to be a successful grantee. It covers important information to keep you out of trouble with grants so that you can develop your plans to reach your grant activity goals.
Kevin is a retired Marine Major and Fortune 500 executive with over 45 years of experience. Since retiring, Kevin is active in the local community through various volunteer non-profit organizations. These include serving as:
· chair of the Arizona State Committee on Trails (2021-2022) and continuing as a member in 2023;
· a member of the Yavapai County Resource Advisory Committee;
· a member of the board of advisors for the Arizona Community Foundation of Sedona;
· treasurer for the Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition;
· president of the Sedona Red Rock Trail Fund;
· co-founder & Treasurer of the Verde Valley Trail Fund; and
· co-founder & Treasurer of Wheel Fun.
In 2022, the last four non-profit organizations listed above raised over $1.3M for trails, kids and mountain bikers.
When Kevin isn’t lamenting that “retiring means you never get a day off”, he can be found riding his mountain bike (many times with local at-need kids), traveling and spending time with his wife of 30 years.
Please join us for a fun and informative session.